J.D., with honors, Boston University School of Law (2003)
- Managing Editor, American Journal of Law & Medicine
B.A., Political Science, University of California, Los Angeles (2000)
Andrew Saxon joined his colleagues at the opening of Sacks, Ricketts & Case LLP in 2013 and is Of Counsel with the firm. He represents companies in a broad array of commercial, employment, and class action matters in both state and federal courts.
In his over 12 years of practice, Andrew has defended companies against a variety of class action lawsuits alleging violations of wage and hour, false advertising, and consumer laws. Andrew also has extensive experience representing employers in single plaintiff, multi-party, and class action settings, with particular focus on wage and hour cases, trade secret misappropriation, employee/independent contractor misclassification allegations, wrongful termination, and employment discrimination claims.
He has litigated, mediated, and successfully resolved cases on behalf of a diverse range of clients from Fortune 500 companies to individual executives. Andrew is skilled in handling various facets of pre-litigation and trial practice, including motion work, court appearances, all phases of fact and expert discovery, emergency relief such as TROs and preliminary injunctions, and judgment enforcement. Andrew also has substantial experience in helping companies assess compliance issues with consumer protection statutes and employment laws, as well as in assisting with company investigations regarding employee misconduct.
Before joining Sacks, Ricketts & Case LLP, Andrew worked as an associate at DLA Piper LLP (US). He also served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Christine O.C. Miller, United States Court of Federal Claims, Washington DC (2004-2005).
- Representation of municipality in contract dispute against third-party alternative energy developer.
- Representation of risk management, insurance, and reinsurance brokerage company in multiple cases before several California Superior Courts, United States District Court for the Central District of California, Illinois Court of Chancery, and New York Supreme Court. Many cases involved lawsuits brought by former company executives regarding limited covenants not to compete. Obtained TROs from the courts in Illinois and New York in connection with national expedited discovery efforts. Thereafter, and after an evidentiary hearing, the New York Supreme Court issued a sweeping Preliminary Injunction Order effectively enforcing covenants not to compete, protecting the company until the cases ultimately settled in an amount favorable prior to trial.
- Representation of IT services and solutions company against wrongful termination, retaliation, FMLA, and disability discrimination claims brought by former sales executive in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California. Case settled favorably prior to trial and before defendant was required to produce multiple foreign executives for deposition.
- Representation of franchisor in employment litigation pursued by employees of franchisees seeking to hold franchisor accountable under novel joint employer and vicarious liability theories.
- Representation of auto insurance company in consumer class action arbitration seeking recovery of broker fees paid to automobile insurance broker for certain insurance policies. Allegations related to whether relationship between insurance broker and insurer rose to the level of agency for purposes of applying laws regarding legality of collection of “broker fees” for transacting business on behalf of insured. Case settled without the need for arbitration hearing.
- Representation of private equity firm in due diligence and purchase of interest in multiple nationwide franchisors.
- United States Court of Federal Claims, Washington DC (2004-2005). Law Clerk to the Honorable Christine O.C. Miller.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- California State Courts
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California