J.D., magna cum laude, University of California: Hastings College of the Law 2011
- Order of the Coif
- Executive Production Editor and 2L Editor, Hastings Law Journal, 2009-2011
- Thurston Society, 2010.
- Witkin & CALI Awards for Excellence in Constitutional Law II; Antitrust: Mergers & Acquisitions; Contracts II, 2010-2011.
- Hastings Intercollegiate Trial Team Member, 2009-2011.
B.A., cum laude, Philosophy, New York University 2006
- Founder’s Day Award for Consistent Academic Excellence, 2006.
- Graduate Creative Writing Program Poetry Award, 2006.
- Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland, 2005.
- NYU Paris Program, Paris, France, 2006.
Jacqueline Young is an associate in the San Francisco office of Sacks, Ricketts & Case LLP.
Jackie has substantial experience litigating cases in the California state and federal courts. Jackie has represented some of the nation’s largest food, technology, and retail clients in consumer class action disputes and other complex commercial litigation matters. Among other areas, she regularly defends companies against claims brought under California’s consumer protection statutes and the Uniform Trade Secrets Act. Jackie also has experience defending against federal and state antitrust, breach of contract, fraud, and interference claims, and has litigated insurance coverage actions. She has handled all aspects of civil litigation, including dispositive motion practice, discovery, opposing motions for class certification, dispute resolution, trial preparation, and the appeals process.
Jackie has represented clients on a wide variety of pro bono matters, including elder abuse cases, LGBT asylum seekers, and federal inmates seeking clemency under the U.S. Department of Justice’s Clemency Initiative. Jackie’s commitment to pro bono work earned her the Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Legal Services from the State Bar of California in 2015 and 2016.
Prior to joining Sacks, Ricketts & Case LLP, Jackie worked as an associate in the San Francisco office of an Am Law 50 firm. She also spent a summer during law school working for the San Francisco District Attorney’s office. Prior to law school, Jackie was an Investigative Analyst for the DNA Cold Case Unit of the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office.
- Prosecuted counterclaims on behalf of one of the world’s largest real estate technology platforms against its competitor for defamation, trade secret misappropriation, and intentional interference.
- Obtained a primary jurisdiction stay and a dismissal of putative class claims, on behalf of one of the world’s largest food companies, concerning the lawful use of partially hydrogenated oils in food pending ruling by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Obtained summary judgment and successfully preserved ruling on appeal on behalf of rental car company defending against claims under California’s consumer protection statutes related to its reservation system.
- Obtained dismissal of all claims against one of Hollywood’s largest talent agencies in an antitrust and unfair competition action initiated by a competing talent agency.
- Defended international telecommunications equipment manufacturer and supplier, and its officers, in litigation initiated by a competitor involving allegations of trade secrets misappropriation and intentional interference related to cable modem technology..
- Note, Efficient Proximate Cause: Is California Headed for a Katrina-scale Disaster in the Same Leaky Boat?, 62 Hastings L.J. 757, 2011.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S District Court for the Central District of California
- State of California
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- Bar Association of San Francisco